Sales & Business Development Manager
Because this scale-up is now on the eve of further expansion, which will allow larger volumes to be produced, a senior level Sales & Business Development Manager is being searched.
In this new position Sales & Business Development Manager you will make an important contribution to ChainCraft's ambitions by expanding the existing business, with the ultimate goal of realizing a solid and diverse customer base.
As Sales & Business Development Manager you have commercial responsibility for the product portfolio within the defined segments, depending on the specific knowledge and expertise you bring. But due to the great potential in the chemical industry segment (home & personal care, paints & coatings, plastics, lubricants) you will place an important emphasis here and primarily focus on the specialty chemicals segment.
In addition, you are responsible for several key accounts.
You will report to the CEO.
You recognize and identify new business opportunities and translate these into multi-year supply contracts. You maintain and develop existing accounts and expand the customer base with the aim to develop effective long lasting customer relationships.
You will successfully conduct complex negotiations on terms of the contracts and prices.
You analyze customer needs, market trends and product benefits, and translate these findings into commercial plans, execute on these plans, and report them to senior management.
You identify and establish close relationships with the customers’ DMU, you give presentations, coordinate activities and discuss business cases. You support business partners by providing detailed technological and commercial information. You actively promote the company at exhibitions and tradeshows, as well as contribute to the company’s online presence.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or similar.
- Broad and senior experience (minimum of 10 years) in international technical sales and business development within the specialty chemicals.
- In depth understanding of technical applications in industrial chemical products. Additional experience with the food or feed market is a plus.
- Expertise in conceptual selling: developing innovative concepts and bring them to the right market at the right price and the right moment.
- Excellent negotiating skills, experience in concluding complex multi-year contracts.
- Experience with key account management.
- Being a pioneer, having an entrepreneurial mindset, with a strong drive for achievement and contributing to business growth.
- Willingness to travel internationally (approx. 30%, mainly within Europe), regularly available on-site in Amsterdam
- Fluent proficiency in English is a must, proficiency in Dutch is a plus.
- Intrinsic motivation for sustainability
You will work in an ambitious, entrepreneurial and dynamic scale-up, with a lot of internal interaction and in which people challenge each other. And with many future opportunities to develop with the organization.
- Competitive remuneration
- 8% holiday pay
- Bonus and benefits
- Fulltime employment of 40 hours a week
- 25 vacation days
- Pension plan