Posted on Friday, April 22, 2022
April 22, 2022
We4Sea (www.we4sea.com) is a scale-up located in the heart of Rotterdam, making the shipping industry more fuel-efficient. Our SAAS-product allows maritime companies to monitor the performance of their fleet in order to reduce fuel consumption and emissions.
We would love you to help us to grow our product.
What you will be doing:
- Write good clean Python for new functionality.
- Evolve existing code to your high standards, one little commit at a time.
- Do frontend-work every now and then, our team is full-stack.
- Maintain our gitlab-pipelines so that they remain quick.
- You understand how important it is to be able to ship (see what I did there?) quickly.
- Keep an eye on our AWS deployment along with the devops-team. After all, you know that using AWS in a clever way can save us lots of time.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 5+ years of experience developing Python web apps.
- Has used multiple Python web-app frameworks and understands the trade-offs between them.
- Knows how to get more performance out of a piece of code that is I/O-bound.
- Has a couple of years of experience using AWS and/or k8s.
- Has used mongodb and relational Dbs in commercial projects.
- Has also programmed in other languages and has developed a wider view of the software-development landscape.
- Stays up-to-date with industry trends.
- Is fun to work with
What we offer:
- Participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Program.
- A salary in the range of € 5,000 to € 6,000 (depending on your experience level).
- Working in an interesting problem-domain. Our SAAS is more exciting than, say, ads or insurances.
- A work-environment without bureaucracy: you can improve the software quickly.
- The ability to work from home partially (though we think our office in www.kleinhandel.org is pretty cool).
- A spot in our team that consists of software engineers and naval architects.
See more open positions at We4Sea
Something looks off?